UPDATE August 5 2013: In light of recent events in my family, and a new outlook on what is truly important, I am no longer accepting any comments on this blog from people taking a denial position. The science is settled in relation to climate change and the alleged “debate” only exists in the denial blogosphere. Just as I will not provide a forum for pseudoscientific bullshit like anti-vaccination, anti-fluoridation and free energy lunatics, I will not provide a forum for AGW deniers to spread their garbage. If you don’t like it, I don’t care. Go some other place or start your own blog. As such, the following rules are probably now moot but I’ll leave them here anyway in case any proponents want to discuss the finer aspects of the science.
Yes, I have rules. Everyone needs boundaries, especially people responding to my blogs.
1. Keep it relevant. Getting off topic will result in responses not being posted.
2. Keep it nice. Don’t expect me to always be nice though. If you are an idiot, I will let you know.
3. Keep it interesting. Get repetetive and it’ll get snipped.
4. Keep it original. Don’t cut and paste unless you name the source.
5. Please back up any scientific claims with sources… real sources. Be aware that 3 or more links will result in your comment being queued. That’s not me, but the settings to prevent spam. Quote a DOI if you need to.
6. Keep it short. Excessively lengthy responses may not be posted in full.
7. Keep it to one issue at a time. Gish galloping is not how one engages in a discussion. Anyone engaging in this sort of activity will have their comments snipped to one issue at a time.
I reserve the right to remove sections of responses I deem have breached any of the aforementioned 7 simple rules.